Thursday, October 22, 2009

I don't need coffee. I need an elixir.

Most people can jump-start their day with a hot cup of bad-tasting caffeine. If drowsiness were my only problem, I might too.

I only got half a night's sleep in all because of my diabetes. First, my blood sugar was low, then it shot high for no reason, and then it was a bit low and wouldn't come up. On top of that, my continuous glucose monitor started acting up, waking me up every hour for, if not my low sugar, a sensor error.

This morning I got up (late) and was 72. I had some carbs and took a shower. When I got out, I was 201.

So here I am, with a big day of homework ahead of me, tired and with high blood sugar. The most annoying thing right now is that I'm hungry. With high sugar, there is little I can eat without making it worse; I really have to wait for it to come down first.

Coffee? Heck, if being alert would solve everything else, I'd go for it. I don't know how many carbs coffee has, but I doubt it would help my 201. This kind of situation reveals how overrated that black stuff is. I'll drink coffee regularly when someone invents a panacea creamer.

2 comments:

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

Now you must tell us what's so unlikeable about knowing any more about the new DS Zelda.

Unlikeable. Liked by no one. A stupid, unlikeable game whose commercial failure shall not be mourned. SHALL NOT BE MOURNED.

Ceff E. Roth said...

I'm strongly considering making a post with a sidebar linking to it for the sole purpose of comments on my non-post material. You are catalyzing that consideration.

I enjoyed being able to make fun of the unknown (http://ahspensieve.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-ds-zelda.html). Now you can find out (more of) what it's about, and just seeing the recent trailer sickened me. As somebody wrote on the Spirit Tracks page on gamestop.com, "Is that you Nintendo? Can you hear me after what you've become?"