Sunday, January 4, 2009

Returning pics lost (from blog transfer?)

I just spent the last hour and a half digging through my files for all of the pictures that go in my posts from September 2008, then placing them in the posts all over again. When I transferred my blog, everything was fine -- until I removed the other user, I guess. I looked at the posts to make sure their pictures were still in place, and they were. As a matter of fact, I think they were there after I deleted my other account. So, what happened? I just found that all of my previous posts had pics that wouldn't display, so now I have to go reinsert them. September took long enough; I don't feel like doing any more tonight (of course, after September and October, I had a considerable slump in posting frequency).

I have a question: do pictures get lost like this at the turn of the year? They really shouldn't, but I suppose that's a possibility. If that's the case, well... I don't know, that's just dumb. It would surprise me if they don't tick off a whole lot of users every time.

No comments: