Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Busy Week

I haven't posted for almost a week, as it was such a busy one. On the weekend we went to a parish festival and had more fun than the average day at King's Island (of course, we are not huge roller coaster fans). On top of the games and the food, there were some pretty good rides, the biggest thriller of which was the "Typhoon," consisting of four or five tripods that spun and rotated around the center like an eggbeater swing set. It was rather fun until the arms of the tripods went out almost completely horizontal. The favorite answer to the question "How was it?" was "Once is enough." Sometimes even I don't care when sentences don't grammatically correspond.

This morning my mom took two of my siblings up to see McCain and Palin at their Ohio stop. I was exhausted from the weekend and still had chemistry to do today, so I opted to stay home and get more sleep. They told me when they got back that they had to stand around in the rain for almost two hours to get through security, and when McCain and Palin came out they were not close enough to get a good view. Then, on the way back to the car, they found the roads closed off because the van transporting the candidates was going to drive off through that area. So, after all they went through to be there, three of my family members got to see McCain and Palin from four feet away as they drove by, and McCain even pointed at my sister's homemade signs!

And besides all that, I've been busy working on chemistry and playing a game to make a blog post (coming soon!), so it seems much longer than a week ago that I began "A Homeschooler's Pensieve."

No comments: