Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Started Chemistry

My junior year in high school has officially started with chemistry class today and every Wednesday henceforth. Dr. F, the teacher for this particular sort of homeschooler's co-op, is a very nice, funny, energetic guy. He joked about having to put me and the other new students through a "baptism of fire" to get into the swing of his classes. Then he went on and talked about science, what chemistry's all about, various things like the elements, significant figures, (the fact that he likes governor Palin) and so on. I think I surprised him with the fact that not one thing he said went over my head, having taken a physical science course in my sophomore year. I even gave him the precise definition of a calorie. At the end of the class, he said it was perfectly fine for us to contact one another for assistance if we didn't understand a concept or couldn't figure out how to get a problem to work; already I had a reputation, for Dr. F indicated me when he said this, and a fellow student across the room even said to expect everyone to be calling me a lot = )

So far, the school year is off to a good start. I'll find out what's in store for me in Mr. H's philosophy class two Fridays from now.

No comments: